About This NYSED Social Work Board Approved Live-Interactive Webinar (2-CEUs)
Our Live Webinars are Approved by the NYSED Social Work Board as Face-to-Face contact hours because the sessions occur in real-time.
The Art of Sleep: A Good Night’s Sleep Goes A Long Way explores the following topics: sleep deprivation and proper sleep hygiene; understanding the relationship between our nutrition, diet, exercise and circadian rhythms. Cognitive behavioral coping strategies, including today’s evidence-based mobile sleep apps will be reviewed.
- Identify the stages of sleep (i.e. REM and Non-REM cycles)
- Identify cognitive behavioral approaches to improve sleep
- Evaluate the relationship between sleep and mental health (i.e. anxiety and depressive disorders)
- Examine increased prevalence rates of sleep deprivation in The United States and related public health outcomes
- Evaluate how diet and exercise can affect sleep quality
- Review methods for enhancing sleep through the use of evidence-based technology and CBT strategies
About The Instructors
Trélan Nicole Holder, MS, LCSW is a skilled psychotherapist with extensive years of counseling experience in mental health and human services. Trélan attained her Bachelor of Science Degree in Psychology from Clark University, her Master of Science Degree in Social Work from Columbia University, and a Certificate in Bioethics and Medical Humanities from Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Cardozo Law School. Additionally, her clinical pursuits include: postgraduate psychodynamic psychotherapy training at the NYU Institute for Psycho-analytic Education. Trélan is an Adjunct Lecturer at Columbia University School of Social Work and the Silberman School of Social Work at Hunter College.
William Wright has been a Wellness Advocate and Lifestyle Solutions Coach in the New York City area for over 15 years. National Academy of Sports Medicine certified, he also specializes in Weight Loss Management and Corrective Exercise Training. Whether through 1:1 coaching sessions, or High-Intensity Interval Training classes, his commitment is to ensure that clients reach their own personal goals and grow.
This workshop is open to licensed professionals and all persons interested in health and wellness
Continuing Education Units (CEU) Information
2 continuing education hours are available
Price: $75 (+ $2.28 GoToTraining/PayPal surcharge)