Time: 10:00AM – 2:30PM
Trelan Nicole Holder, MS, LCSW
William Wright, NASM Certified- Fitness Professional
Compassion Fatigue: Heal Thyself explores how vicarious stress and trauma can impact a clinician’s emotional health. Consideration is given to the importance of being mindful of one’s personal wellbeing. If we are compromised with stress and experience “burn-out,” we potentially place our clients at risk of receiving less than quality support. Focus will be placed on identifying signs of secondary trauma and self-care strategies for stress reduction. Lastly the efficacy of these integral therapy practices as a part of stress reduction for patients in clinical treatment will be considered in conjunction with other psychodynamic and behavioral modalities.
- Define Compassion Fatigue also known as secondary trauma.
- Identify the signs of “burn-out.”
- Identify self-care strategies (mindfulness, meditation, breathing and progressive muscle relaxation).
- Recognize ways to draw healthy boundaries.
- Identify ways to advocate for your professional and personal needs in the workplace.
- Course will provide tools of mindfulness, meditation and relaxed breathing as ways to minimize negative impact of compassion fatigue.
Refund and Cancellation Policy for In-Person Courses (Lecture, Workshop, Training)
Refunds less a 10% administration fee will only be given if written request is received within 3 days of registration. After that you will have course credit that never expires. No refund will be given once you have attended a class. No refund will be given for any course materials received. Upon written request, a check will be mailed to you within 14 business days.
Written refund requests must include the following:
- Full name of Registrant
- Registrant’s email address
- Course Number and Title
- Date and amount of payment
- Reason for refund request
Email refund request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Refund requests will be reviewed within five (5) working days of receipt. If the refund request is approved, a 10% administrative fee will be assessed prior to processing the refund.
Questions or Complaints
For general questions or complaints regarding your registration, please contact: email@example.com